The Swinerton Foundation announced a $170,000 commitment on March 26 to support food banks on the front lines responding to COVID-19. The money will be distributed in a series of $10,000 grants to community food banks in 17 cities across the United States.
The organizations, though different, share an overarching goal: providing access to food for undeserved populations – a mission taking on even greater urgency in response to the novel coronavirus.
Organizations receiving a portion of the $170,000 for COVID-19 response include:
- Feeding San Diego,
- Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services,
- Central Texas Food Bank,
- North Texas Food Bank,
- Hawaii Foodbank,
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County,
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank,
- Feeding America,
- Food Bank of the Rockies,
- Atlanta Community Food Bank,
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina,
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano County,
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley,
- Oregon Food Bank,
- SOS Meals on Wheels.